(Sometimes I get free stuff in exchange for a review; this is one of those times. This doesn’t affect my review at all. For more information on how I do reviews check out the Disclosure Policy).
Written by Bryan Allain of KillerTribes.com, 31 Days To Finding Your Blogging Mojo promises to “not only be the funniest book on blogging you’ve ever read, but … help you become a better blogger and reach more people than you ever have before”.
I’m surprised to say, Bryan totally delivers! Not only is the book funny, it has made me a better blogger.
The Break Down
31 Days To Finding Your Blogging Mojo is broken up into 31 days. Each day explains something you need to know for blogging and ends with a “Mojo Action”, which is a way to use what you just learned. Between each day is a short joke.
I really loved this book:
- It’s practical. After reading the first 8 days I changed the way the site looks, focused the way I write, and changed a few of my upcoming blog posts to better suit my audience.
- It’s for all bloggers. No matter the genre, this book can help.
- It’s Funny. Bryan Allain is a funny guy. Sometimes his joke fall flat, but most of the time he had me smiling.
- It’s Cheap. After reading the book, I would gladly pay $5 dollars for it. It is worth far more. The return you’ll get from this book is priceless.
- Chapter Flow. Each chapter builds upon the last. After only a few “days” I saw massive improvements to my blog. It feels like a snow ball of blog awesomeness.
- Kindle AND PDF. A lot of eBooks have gone out on the Kindle only. As someone without an eReader that’s pretty useless for me. Luckily, with this book you can buy a kindle or PDF version.
Not a lot of bad in this book, but there are a few things I need to mention:
- Table of Contents. The table of contents breaks the book into 3 sections. I would rather him have broken it up into days instead.
- The Jokes are Random. The jokes between each day have nothing to do with blogging. It breaks up the flow of reading. Now, this might be the author’s purpose and overall I liked the jokes, but I think the book could have been just as good without them.
You don’t have to take my word that this is a good book. 31 Days To Finding Your Blogging Mojo has changed the way I blog.
Here are a few things that have already happened:
- I changed some of the basic design (moved the side bar and links).
- I got rid of the about section of the side bar and replaced it with the Money 101 series link.
- My about page is about to get a major overhaul (I’ll announce it when it happens).
- Although you can’t see it yet, over the next month you should notice a better focus in content (more money management, less of everything else).
31 Days To Finding Your Blogging Mojo truly has helped me as a blogger. At 5 dollars, I highly recommend this book to anyone who blogs, is thinking about blogging, or just wants to understand what it means to be a great blogger.
If you’re gonna buy ”31 Days To Finding Your Blogging Mojo”, please use one the links on this page. It’ll make me a small commission (which makes me smile and keeps the site going).