You may remember a month ago when I set some goals for May. Overall I felt the month went fairly well. I increased the visit, the pageviews, and the averge time on site. Also, my Bounce Rate was below 60% (something that is pretty good in the blogging world). Unfortunately, my New Visits and pageviews went down. But even so, I feel the percentages were good.
Top 5 posts
The top 5 most viewed posts in May 2011: (in order starting with most viewed)
- 9 Lessons I learned in Jamaica
- May 2011 Goals
- The New Direction
- Close Your Creative Gap
- Define Entrepreneur
As far as my goals are concerned:
1200 page views — I didn’t make this one but, I was only 14 short. You can see the month started strong (the blue line) but then started to taper off near the end. The main reason for this is the new direction. Before May most of my blog posts were about living your dream and setting goals (I brought in a lot of traffic from these keywords); but in May I shifted that focus to entrepreneurship and money. Google has slowed up for a bit, but I trust it will catch up quickly.
Create a three or more post series –Although I’m only two posts in, I did create the What is an Entrepreneur series which will total six posts. I’m counting this as a win!
Be more involved in the community - I have pretty much caught up with the blogs (I’m still about a week behind) and I have commented more often. I’m not at the level I want to be, but I am noticing a significant improvement.
Tweak the design — Haven’t done much here (or have I?). Lots going on behind the scenes…
Thoughts About May
Overall, I consider May a middle-of-the-road month. Nothing especially fantastic happened to the blog. Although there was some improvement and several of my long-term goals saw some action, my short-term goals didn’t move much. These kinds of months are necessary for all businesses and this blog is no different. That being said, I expect to see significant improvements between May and June.
I plan to make some significant strides in June.
- 2,000 page views. Tough, but doable.
- 700 Visits. This will come easily if I can score 2,000 page views
- Finish the What is an Entrepreneur series and start a second series. I already have the series figured out, all I need to do is execute!
- Review 1 book. It’s harder to write reviews than I thought it would be, but practice makes perfect.
- Be more involved in the community. This is an on-going goal. I will probably never be perfect at it, but I plan to get much better than I have been.
- Write and publish a guest post. I have some thoughts on guest posts. A few of you may be getting emails soon…
- Tweak the design. This is on-going, but I hope to have a few major reveals by the end of June.
More goals than May, but I also have more time to accomplish them. Thanks for being a part of my journey.
What are your June goals? Let me know in the comments…