I was going to wait until next Tuesday to break the news, but it came so quickly I had to post today: we’ve got another full offer on the house.
The offer was in my email box Tuesday night and we’ve been working out the details since then. This new buyer isn’t asking for an inspection clause and appears to be a fairly reputable home-buying company. Not sure what they want to do with the place, maybe flip it or rent it out to college students or something. Whatever the reason, they’ve put down a full offer on our home and we’re prepared to accept!
In the 24-hours since I’ve gotten that offer two more offers have come in. Neither of them have been full offers, but they were still very nice. With a little negotiating, I’m sure I could get them pretty close to what we asked for. If nothing else, they remind me that this house will sell, even if the first buyer backed out suddenly.
Unfortunately, the saga from the first buyer is far from over. Our case still has to be reviewed by the realtors association in Florida and if it doesn’t pick a clear winner, we’ll have to start negotiating directly with the ex-buyer. It’s still a ways off, but it’s in the back of my mind as I’m working this other deal.
God has really blessed my family in this whole thing. We’ve gotten an amazing realtor who’s taken care of everything without complaint, we’ve found two buyers willing to pay full price for the house, and it’s likely we’ll get all our expenses returned to us by the end of this escrow dispute.
It’s an encouraging reminder of who is in control.
And since I’ve been so bad at updating, let me assure you: there will be highlights on Saturday and Tuesday will resume normal updates. Things got a bit rocky there for a few weeks but things are back to normal (or as normal as they can be, haha).